It’s great to get showings on your property, but not as great as getting an offer. So how do you turn all that foot traffic into cash in your pocket? There are definitely some tricks to getting it sold!
- Hire a Realtor who is skilled in listing and selling property. If your Realtor has a good track record, they can help guide you through the selling process and to the closing table. Ask them for their track record and the proof is in the numbers.
- Price it right! Pricing it at market value or slightly below market value is the surest way to get an offer quickly. Overpricing the property is the best way to make sure you never get an offer and to make your home look like a stale, old listing. I always talk about pricing in this weekly column, but this is the number one factor in getting your home sold.
- Don’t get emotional over the feedback. If your agent can tactfully get feedback from buyers who have viewed your home, pay attention. Is the paint a crazy color? Does the landscaping need to be trimmed? Is the home overpriced? Don’t take any of this personally – use it to your benefit. For every buyer that gives you feedback, there are dozens that aren’t vocalizing the same opinions. Your tastes are different from the buyers. So make it appealing to as many buyers as possible.
- Work buyers against each other. In an honest and ethical way, let all the parties know that there are other showings, other buyers who are interested, and other buyers who may be making an offer. This will create a sense of urgency and get them to make a realistic offer that you can negotiate and get to a closing.
- Make an offer. If you are getting showings but no offers, it might be time for you to make an offer to a buyer. This is a tactic I use for my clients where, if we feel the buyer has some interest but is hesitant, we will bring an offer to them. This puts the buyer in a position to accept, reject, or counter our offer verses thinking about “should we or shouldn’t we make an offer”. Before they know it, they own your house when just days ago they were sitting on the sidelines – get them in the game!
Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Please contact Gabe for FREE advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate.