October is here already! Seriously, where did the year go? That means that the snowbirds are trickling back and the cold weather is setting in up north. Now is as good of a time as any to get your house on the market for all the buyers looking. I’m anticipating a very good season with great values on homes and still low interest rates combined with significantly less inventory than the past year or two. Follow these tips on what you can do for your home to get it ready for a quick sale.
- Wash it! Have the whole exterior and roof of the house power washed. This will make a huge difference! It makes it look new again and gets rid of any mold or mildew and dirt and grime. There are dozens of companies in our area that are very affordable and can have this done in less than a day.
- Make those windows sparkle! After the house is power washed, have the windows washed inside and out. A tip here would be to actually remove all the screens in the house and put them in the garage. If you have nice views this will help accentuate the clarity and crispness of the view.
- Trim it! Trim back all the bushes and palms. Put down fresh mulch and bring to life the plantings around the home. This is the first impression a buyer has of your home and it can make all the difference.
- Clear the walkway and entry way. Clean the front door and all the hardware to the entry door, you might even consider replacing the doorknob with a brand new one!
- Declutter the inside. Get rid of all the knickknacks, magazines, and stuff on the counters. You’re going to have to pack it up when it sells, so you mind as well do it now and put it into storage. Less is more. It makes the space feel bigger and it makes buyers feel more comfortable in your house.
Remember you want a potential buyer to spend as much time as possible in your house. The cleaner and more comfortable it is, the more likely that will happen. The longer they stay in your house the more likely they will want to write an offer and make it their home. If you need help getting your house sold, please give me a call!
Gabe Mellein was voted a Top Real Estate Agent – Exceptional in Service and Overall Satisfaction by Gulfshore Life Magazine in 2012. He is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, Inc and has over 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate. Need real estate help? Please contact Gabe at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com