Believe it or not, the market is picking up and now is a great time to sell if you have been on the fence. Inventory is down more than it has been in years, interest rates are low, and demand is high. That trifecta means your chances for filling up your pockets with cash and unloading your property are looking very good.
- Don’t Do it Alone –You need a team to support you. Hire a true real estate professional who has a network of buyers, lawyers, mortgage brokers, and other real estate brokers. You want your home to get maximum exposure and people through the door. A Realtor with proven results can do this for you. Trying to do it by yourself to save a few bucks usually ends in disaster for sellers – don’t do it!
- Price it Right – This is the biggest factor in selling your home. If you price it too high all the potential buyers will bypass your property and buy your neighbors. Don’t be fooled by the thought, “We need to price it high to allow for negotiations.” That doesn’t work. Your #1 purpose is to get people through the door. The more people that come into your home, the greater the chances of getting one or multiple offers. If you price it too high you’ll spend months slowly chasing the market downward all the while making your home look like a stale old listing, turning off even more buyers. Don’t get into that trap!
- Deep Clean and Declutter – If you haven’t used it in 6 months then either gift it, sell it, or throw it away. Clean your house like it’s never been cleaned before – inside and out! Don’t forget the windows and doors. Whenever I show properties to buyers they are ALWAYS more apt to write an offer on a clean and cared for home. Sounds simple, but you’d be surprised how many sellers do not do this.
- Depersonalize – Make sure to remove all personal pictures of you and your family. You want your prospective buyer to be able to visualize themselves in the property. Paintings and art are fine to keep in the home – anything that’s personal needs to be stored away.
- Advertise Like Crazy – Whenever I decide to list a home for a customer, I go bananas with marketing! Your home needs immediate maximum exposure, and we owe that to you as Realtors. This is pivotal in getting buyers through your front door and your home selling!
Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Please contact Gabe for FREE advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate.