Feng Shui has been around for 2,000+ years because it works. Companies like Marriot and McDonalds, and people like Donald Trump all use it because it makes them more successful and keeps their businesses thriving. What is it? In simple terms, it is taking unseen energies that are present all around us and balancing them with physical things (furniture, art, colors on the wall) to create a harmonious environment in your home. In Real Estate, this tends to almost magically and quickly attract the right buyer.
I have been using Feng Shui in my real estate listings for homeowners since 2005 and it truly has made a difference in selling a lot of homes! I’ll share some basic tips to help you bring up the “chi” in your property to get it sold!
- First impressions are everything – Clean or paint your front door. In China, they repaint their front door every single year during the Chinese New Year! Install new hardware and a doorknob if yours is tarnished and not working smoothly. This is the first impression buyers have of your home and you want it to be a good one!
- Fire and water – Put down a solid black welcome mat at least the width of your front door(s) and two pots with flowers on each side of the mat. Use either red pots with green flowers or red flowers in beige pots. This combination of two pots represents the buyer and seller relationship. In Feng Shui, black represents the water element and red represents the fire element, which is a very strong combination to attract wealth.
- Bright flowers – Having these around your entrance is extremely important. Seeing impaired people can actually sense bright colors. You want to have all different colors of flowers leading up to your front door. Silk flowers are ok too. I have seen this step alone attract buyers into the home!
- Less is more – Get rid of all clutter. Knickknacks and trinkets have got to go. Clear off kitchen counter appliances. The less clutter, the more space your home appears to have. Buyers don’t want to feel confined and trapped. You can brighten someone’s day by giving them something you haven’t used in a year and won’t miss – have fun with it!
- Neutralize paint colors indoors – If you have colors that you love, but won’t appeal to the masses, spend a few bucks and paint everything an off-white or light beige color. Once you get them in the home you want to keep them there and neutral colors will keep people calm and help envision them in your home.
Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Gulf Pointe Properties would be glad to help! Please contact Gabe for advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate.