Human psychology is funny. With Real Estate, when the market goes down, people want to sell. When everything goes up, nobody wants to sell. Greed takes over and before you know it, your winner has turned into a loser and it’s too late. By doing the opposite, it can yield you great success. Buy when everyone else is scared to buy and sell when everyone wants to buy! Now onto the top 5 reasons it’s best to buy now and not wait.
- Waiting may cost you the deal of a lifetime. Our inventory is shrinking daily due to the fact that snowbirds and investors realize the value in our properties and their proximity to the Gulf of Mexico. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that when you can buy a condo in Naples for less than you can in Michigan, now is a good time to buy!
- These prices won’t always be this low. Not only do you risk losing your dream home to another buyer, the prices of similar homes may be on the rise before you know it. As our inventory shrinks and demand rises, it is only natural to see a gradual rise in prices. Wait too long and you might not be able to afford what you wanted.
- How low can interest rates go? If you are getting a mortgage, you can save hundreds of dollars each month simply by having a lower interest rate than a couple years ago. When interest rates are low and home prices are low, it creates a perfect storm for buyers to gobble up real estate.
- It’s cheaper to buy a house than it is to build a house. Cost of materials, impact fees, pulling permits, waiting for completion- what’s the advantage? Why deal with all the headaches when you can buy a great foreclosure or short sale that has all the upgrades you would want? Not to mention the fact that labor and the cost of raw materials is more than you could buy a resale home for.
- Cash Flow is King! If you are buying an investment home, you can pay all your bills and still have money left over at the end of the month to reinvest or go out to a nice dinner. If your house makes you money every single month, are you going to complain? I think not!
Happy Hunting – Good days are ahead!
Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate. Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Please contact Gabe for FREE advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com