There are thousands of Realtors in SW Florida. How do you manage to pick one from the crowd to represent you when you’re ready to sell your house? For most people, selling their house is the biggest asset they will ever own and sell in a lifetime, so hiring the right Realtor can make all the difference. After all, it’s important for you to profit as much as possible in the smoothest transaction as possible.
- Look for an agent that works full-time in the business. Sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people list their home for sale with Bob, who’s Billy’s cousin, who has a real estate license and he’s a good guy. You want a true professional to list and SELL your home. Just having a real estate license doesn’t mean much, you want a pro. The average Realtor in the USA only sells less than 2 homes a year. Do yourself a favor and hire a pro that does 20+ deals a year, minimum.
- Aggressive and proactive. Look for an agent that will pound the pavement on your behalf. Don’t let the Realtor just put your house on the MLS and sit back and do nothing. That doesn’t work. You need a Realtor to go out there and make it happen. Networking with other brokers and pushing your property on their client database.
- Communication. You want an agent that will communicate with you at least weekly on the market in general and with showings on your property. Feedback is important, because you can develop a better understanding of what the buyers like or dislike in your home and then make changes as necessary. I often use feedback in my daily real estate practice to make changes to homes and sure enough we get them sold. It’s simple, listen to what the buyers want and then give it to them!
- Online marketing is a must. If your Realtor isn’t utilizing the web, you should find out why the heck not! 90% of all homebuyers start their search online. This is a serious loss to you if you’re not targeting your home to those potential buyers.
- Can the Realtor negotiate? Again, you’d be surprised what you’ll find in the real world. Make sure they have your best interest in mind and aren’t just trying to get a commission. It’s important to come to a win-win scenario and a good negotiator can make that happen, when everyone leaving the table feels happy and not like they were taken for a ride.
Follow these guidelines and you’ll be surprised how great of a Realtor you end up with to get your home SOLD!!!
Gabe Mellein was voted a Top Real Estate Agent – Exceptional in Service and Overall Satisfaction by Gulfshore Life Magazine in 2012. He is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, Inc and has over 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate. Please contact Gabe at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com