Want to sell your house or condo? Feng Shui it! By making the energy in the home more harmonious it can help with stress relief, stronger relationships – and encourage good fortune!
1. Front Door: Clean the front door and repaint it if necessary. Put on a new doorknob and make it inviting to buyers.
2. Entry Way: Keep the entry way to the home clean and clear. Trim the shrubs, clean the sidewalk, freshen up the landscaping, etc. Ease of access is key!
3. Less Equals More: Remove all excess furniture and belongings. A clean and clutter-free room has a calming effect on the mind.
4. Keep Living Rooms Flowing: Arrange your furniture to have an unobstructed flow of energy. Pretend there is water in your living room, would it flow evenly around your furniture or would it get blocked in places?
5. Fresh Air: Stale air is bad for your health and mental state. Open your windows as often as you can to let fresh air in. The Florida heat is brutal in the summer, so even if it’s only for a few minutes in the early morning or late evening it will make a difference!
6. Go Green: Plants have a calming influence while radiating a strong and peaceful energy. Having something “alive” gives the room a nice energy and plants make great air purifiers as well.
7. Water Works: Not only does water stand for abundance and prosperity, but having flowing water around helps stimulate your creativeness. Use a small tabletop fountain or a standalone floor unit. It can easily be placed on a lanai or indoors.
8. Balance Your Bedroom: It’s important that your bedroom has an inviting, calm and exciting energy all at the same time. Remove ALL electronics from your bedroom and try to have pairs of things: nightstands, lamps, etc. This represents a partnership between husband and wife or buyer and seller if trying to sell your home.
9. Mirrors: Mirrors help give the illusion of space. They are very good for hallways. Just be careful not to have them reflect out the front door – this deflects the energy out of the home and is not good.
10. Keep the Home Light: Make sure your home is light and bright. This gives it a welcoming and inviting feeling. You want buyers to want to stay in your home (and buy it!). Lots of ceiling lighting, natural light and skylights are fabulous. Plants and windows help with this feel too.
Feng Shui your home and watch it sell!!
Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate. Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Please contact Gabe for FREE advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com