Regardless of what you hear blasted all over the news, today really is a good time to sell your property. Demand is high in SW Florida, supply is declining and our market is shaping up very positively. I’ll show you how to take advantage of today’s market and get your property sold!
- Price it Right – You’ve heard it a million times, but it’s the truth. This is the biggest contributor to your home selling. If you price it too high, your home will sit on the market and become stale. In certain neighborhoods you have to be careful not to price it too low. Buyers may think something is wrong or it won’t appeal to the higher-end buyers. Sounds funny, but it’s true.
- Hire a Pro – Don’t stress about pricing it right. Hire a Realtor (like myself, *wink, wink) to help you with that. They will also be able to market your home to potential buyers to get them in the door and get it sold!
- First Impressions are Everything – Take the time to spruce up the exterior. Trim the landscaping – think clean and simple. If you are in a condo make sure your entryway is clear, windows are washed, doors are cleaned and doorknobs and hardware are clean and polished. You want to make the first thing a buyer touches to be a positive experience.
- Light and Bright – This is where a minor investment might return greater profits. If you have uniquely painted and tailored your home to your tastes, that might be what 99% of buyers DON’T want. Don’t take it personally, focus on selling the home! Light and neutral paint colors always open up the space and appeal to a wide range of buyers. If you have very dark flooring, light walls would be a contrast and give you a very modern look. Other times, you will need to consider lighter carpet or different flooring. These are minor updates that will only cost a couple thousand dollars, but should be a high return on your investment.
- Reduce and Remove – Spring cleaning is now! Get rid of all excess items. Clean out your closets and remove trinkets from counter space throughout the home. Clean the house top to bottom and extra clutter should be boxed into storage. Your home will have a free-flowing feeling making buyers very comfortable. To the detriment of sellers, this is often overlooked; don’t be one of those sellers!
Follow these simple steps and watch the offers come in! Good luck and happy selling!
Need help Selling, Buying, or with Property Management? Gulf Pointe Properties would be glad to help! Please contact Gabe for advice at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com Gabe Mellein is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, He has 8 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate.