In less than a week, it will officially be spring! What a great time to do some spring cleaning around the house, especially if you’re looking to sell. Here are some tips to help you out if you are, and if not, you’ll just have a more cheerful home!
- Clean your gutters and the home’s exterior. It’s a great time to trim up the landscaping, put down fresh mulch, and remove dead limbs on trees. Power wash the house and maybe even consider doing a fresh coat of paint to really give it a new look. When a buyer pulls up to your house, you want to make a great first impression! Clean the walk ways leading up to the home and also wash the door and door handle. That’s the first thing a buyer will touch!
- Bring some nature into your house. Freshly cut flowers or a planted orchid are the best looking and easiest ways to do this. It’s amazing the vibrant colors that you can bring into your home. There’s something about having a live sense of nature in your home that gives a calming, comforting feel and an energy that is very desirable for all buyers.
- Declutter. It’s easy to accumulate things over the winter months. Do you have extra magazines lying around or too many knickknacks that are now piling up and taking up counter space? Where do you keep your keys, receipts, spare change, and phones when you come home? These areas can easily become a cluttered mess: don’t let it happen. The items are easy to remove or organize and by doing so it opens up your space and makes the home appear larger. This is a great tactic for buyers – they love open, clear spaces!
- Consider new bed linens and bright colors. It can be fun to bring color into a room. In SW Florida we get so accustomed to seeing the same décor that by simply adding some bright pillows or fresh new bedding it can give it a “wow” factor.
- Keep the entryway clear. Do you come in the front door or the garage? Where do your shoes end up? It’s easy to have shoes accumulate that rarely get used. I recommend storing them away in a closet and if you must keep some near the door, make sure it’s just the one pair you’re using today. Keep it clean and simple, it goes a long way in buyers’ eyes.
Spring clean to be amazed by your springtime sale!
Gabe Mellein was voted a Top Real Estate Agent – Exceptional in Service and Overall Satisfaction by Gulfshore Life Magazine in 2012 and 2013. He is the broker of Gulf Pointe Properties, Inc and has over 9 years experience in the SW Florida Real Estate Market. He is a member of The Naples Area Board of Realtors, Bonita Springs – Estero Association of Realtors, Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, The Florida Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors, and is nationally certified in Feng Shui for Real Estate. Need real estate help? Please contact Gabe at: 239.825.2234, Gabe@GulfPointeProperties.com or www.GulfPointeProperties.com